Healthy Children, Healthy Families, Healthy Communities
We are a family resource program that addresses the changing needs of diverse families. We create connections between children, parents, grandparents and other caregivers in local neighborhoods with a focus on:
- Supporting healthy child development
- Promoting healthy families
- Fostering mutual aid and peer support
- Strengthening parenting knowledge and skills
- Breaking down isolation
- Valuing inclusion and harmony
In partnership with families and the community we provide safe stimulating learning environments and opportunities for children, parents and caregivers. Children’s Place is an open collaborative organization that values and respects the unique needs and strengths of all families.
Our values – a place for everybody
A core value of College-Montrose Children’s Place is inclusion of all families and family models. Our staff and volunteers are able to communicate in several different languages including English, Portuguese, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Somali, Hindi, Gujarati, Urdu & Italian. We also have programs tailored to dads, grandparents, caregivers, and young parents in our community.
Our resource library contains several items in different languages, including parenting guides and children’s books.
Several of the programs and services we offer are available in the major languages of our community: English, Portuguese and Mandarin such as our Success by Six (hyperlink to section in Programs/Services) and parenting support groups including Nobody’s Perfect (hyperlink to section in Programs/Services) in Portugese and Mandarin. Please consult with the calendar or our staff to find out what upcoming workshops will be offered in your native language.
For more information, or to receive our annual newsletter or annual report, please contact our main office.
Family Support Principles
- CMCP is open to all families, recognizing that all families deserve support.
- CMCP complements existing services, builds networks and linkages, and advocates for policies, services and systems that support families’ abilities to raise healthy children.
- CMCP works in partnership with families and communities to meet expressed needs.
- CMCP programs focus on the promotion of wellness and use a prevention approach in their work.
- CMCP works to increase opportunities and to strengthen individuals, families and communities.
- CMCP operates from an ecological perspective that recognizes the interdependent nature of families’ lives.
- CMCP values and encourages mutual assistance and peer support.
- CMCP affirms parenting to be a life-long learning process.
- CMCP values the voluntary nature of participation in their services.
- CMCP promotes relationships based on equality and respect for diversity.
- CMCP advocates non-violence to ensure safety and security for all family members.
- CMCP continually seeks to improve its practice by reflecting on what we do and how we do it.